Here are ten trivia questions about the states.
1. For a generation, the United States flew a 48-star flag. Then in 1959 and 1960 Alaska and Hawaii became states. Which two states are the 47th and 48th (the order is extra)?
2. Which state was an independent republic before being annexed to the USA?
3. Which state was a kingdom before being annexed to the USA?
4. Before Alaska became a state, which state was the westernmost?
5. Before Alaska became a state, which state was the northernmost?
6. Before Hawaii became a state, which state was the southernmost?
7. Before Alaska became a state, which state was the largest?
8. Are the highest and lowest points in the adjoining 48 states in different states?
9. Which state has the longest coastline?
10. How many states have four-letter names? Name them.
1. New Mexico then Arizona
8. No. They are Mt. Whitney and Death Valley, both in California
10. Three - Ohio, Iowa, Utah